Even the most well-built houses have the potential to suffer damage in severe weather. For example, if strong winds move into your area, it’s natural to have concerns about the exterior of your property.
Here are just a few of the many things that could go wrong:
• Shingles could be blown off your roof
• Siding could be blown off the side of your home
• Windows could buckle under the pressure
• Trees and/or limbs could strike your home
• Outdoor furniture could be tossed around, thus damaging your home in the process
With all this in mind, it’s important to do two things:
• Inspect your home regularly to ensure that it’s able to handle anything Mother Nature throws its way
• Inspect your home after severe storms for damage
Should your home suffer damage in a storm, assess the severity and then decide what to do next. Depending on the type of damage—such as missing shingles—it’s critical to seek immediate help from a professional.
It’s your hope that strong winds, heavy rain, and other forms of severe weather stay out of the area, but you know that it’ll catch up to you sooner rather than later. And when it does, make sure you do your part in protecting your home!
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.