Are you interested in planting a new tree in your yard? Maybe you’re doing so for privacy. Or maybe you’re doing so to keep the sun off your house. Regardless of your reason, there are some planting tips you can follow to ensure that your tree thrives for many years to come.
· Dig a hole a two to three times wider than the container or root ball.
· Carefully remove the tree from the container, ensuring that you don’t damage the roots along the way.
· Set the tree in the middle of the hole, making sure you don’t set it too deep. If the top of the root ball is below the top of the hole, add soil back in.
· Make sure the tree is straight, and then pack dirt around it to keep it in place. Press firmly around the root ball to eliminate any air pockets.
· Spread two to three inches of mulch around the base of the tree.
· Water your new tree for several minutes, all with the idea of keeping it moist but not too soggy.
As the days go by, keep an eye on your tree to ensure that nothing is wrong. Pay close attention to any leaves that are dying, as this may be a sign that something is wrong.
If you follow these tips, you’ll find it easy to plant a new tree that you’ll enjoy well into the future!
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.