Making for an eye-catching transition between your indoor and outdoor living spaces, patio doors are an important element of any home’s aesthetic and functionality. That being said, if the patio doors on your residence are old, worn, or even damaged, they likely are detracting from the appearance of your home, and may even be difficult to operate.
You shouldn’t’ have to contend with unattractive patio doors that require all of your strength to open. Instead, say goodbye to the headache of subpar doors and hello to new patio doors that satisfy all of your wants and needs.
Things to Consider
When searching for the perfect patio doors, there are several factors to keep in mind, such as:
Keep the architecture of your home in mind. Do you have a residence that boasts rustic, traditional, or modern architecture? In order to maintain a cohesive look, your new patio doors should work with your home.
There are multiple patio door styles to choose from, including:
- Sliding, which takes little space and easily glides open and closed on a track
- French, that offers a timeless look that is desired by many homeowners
- Hinged, which effortlessly swings inward or outward, depending on your preference
Many homeowners are selective about the material of their patio doors. This is because door material not only provides a particular appearance, but it also dictates the overall durability of the door. For example:
- Wood doors offer a natural an organic texture, as well as a warm appearance that is perfect for a rustic home. However, wood doors are also known for requiring more upkeep than other materials.
- Vinyl is a favorite, as this material is low-maintenance and long-lasting. Vinyl does not need to be painted over time and is known for being able to take on virtually anything Mother Nature may have in store.
- Fiberglass has the reputation of being notably strong, as it is resistant to dents, ensuring your patio door will maintain a like-new appearance for years.
With energy-efficient patio doors in place, you can have peace of mind knowing you have made a smart investment for your home. Improved energy efficiency will help your residence maintain a consistently comfortable temperature throughout the year. It will also reduce stress on your HVAC system, which may even lessen your monthly energy expenses. Who wouldn’t want that benefit?
When looking for energy-efficient patio doors, take note of whether the doors are constructed with high-performance glass packages, insulated frames, and weatherstripping. These features can greatly affect the door’s overall energy efficiency, and help you make your ultimate decision.
Going With the Professionals
If you are looking for the perfect patio door but don’t know who to turn to, don’t stress, the experts at Pond Roofing & Exteriors are here to help. We proudly offer best-in-class patio doors for homeowners in Fairfax and throughout North Virginia. Crafted by industry-leading manufacturer, ProVia, our patio doors are energy efficient and available in varying styles and materials.
Contact us today to learn more about the patio doors we offer. Our friendly and helpful team looks forward to working with you and helping you find the perfect patio door.