However, there’s something you need to remember: there are steps you must take to prepare your home for winter.
In addition to the usual steps – such as making sure your furnace is ready to heat your home – here are a few other things you should do:
· Check your doors and windows for air leaks
· Clean your gutters
· Shut off outside water valves
· Trim back any tree branches that are in close proximity to your home
· Wrap water pipes (such as in your basement) with insulation sleeves
· Remove any furniture that’s blocking heating vents
Along with the above, don’t hesitate to obtain the assistance of a professional when necessary. For example, you may want to hire a roofing contractor to examine your roof for any issues that could give you trouble during the winter months.
The cold weather is here, so don’t hesitate to inspect your home and prepare it for the months to come. You’ll be glad that you did.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.