While properly installed gutters are designed to last for many years, there may come a time when you need to replace them.
If you’re wondering if the time has come, here are five signs that you need to make a change in the near future:
· Sagging gutters: If your gutters are sagging, there’s a chance they could eventually pull away from your home altogether. Furthermore, this typically means they’re not doing their job as intended.
· Peeling paint: This may not have any impact on performance, but it can drag down the curb appeal of your home.
· Splits and cracks: Over time, you can expect your gutters to crack and split. If you notice this becoming a problem, it’s time to call out a professional. It only takes one split or crack to lead to a total breakdown of your gutter system.
· Water damage around your gutter: For example, if your gutters are leaking, it could damage your home’s siding and/or roof.
· Foundation problems: Leaking gutters often result in foundation problems, such as water seeping into your basement. This leaves you with another problem to contend with, so you don’t want to let it linger.
If you need new gutters, don’t wait to take action. Once the project is complete, you’ll feel much better every time it rains.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.