With cooler weather moving into the area, now’s the time to prep your home for the fall and winter months. While that means many things, it should include a focus on your roof.
Here are five fall roof maintenance tips that will give you peace of mind until warmer spring weather arrives:
• Trim your trees: If there are any trees in close proximity to your roof, trim them back to prevent damage during the fall and winter months.
• Schedule a roof inspection: Contact a roofing contractor to inspect your roof, make suggestions, and repair any trouble areas.
• Clean your gutters: Should you skip this step, there’s a greater chance of your gutters backing up. This can lead to a variety of problems, such as sagging gutters, siding damage, and water making its way into your home.
• Install gutter guards: Once you clean your gutters, install guards to keep debris from accumulating in the future.
• Think about the spring: What can you do now to ensure that your roof is in good condition when the spring season arrives? Are there any repairs or upgrades you can make?
If you do these five things, you’ll feel good about the condition of your roof heading into the fall months.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.