With summer in the past and cool weather moving into the area, it won’t be long before you set your sights on the holiday season.
For many people, this time of the year means one thing: decorating every last square inch of their home (inside and out).
While this can be a lot of fun, there’s always potential for trouble. With this in mind, here are five holiday decorating safety tips to guide you:
· Be careful when using a ladder. For example, you may need a ladder to hang lights on your home. While there’s nothing wrong with this, it’s a must to follow proper safety procedures at all times.
· Watch for electrical hazards. You don’t want to plug too many decorations into the same outlet. You don’t want to use extension cords that are frayed. These hazards can cause electrocution and fire, so don’t take a risk.
· Get help when you need it. Even if you enjoy everything about decorating your home, there’s nothing wrong with getting help every now and again. In fact, it’s a great way to spend time with your loved ones.
· Double-check your lights throughout the holiday season. Once your decorations are in place it’s easy to believe you can leave them be until the holiday season is over. Don’t make this mistake, as things can happen that increase the risk of an accident.
· Give yourself plenty of time. For instance, don’t start decorating on Christmas Eve if you know you’ll be in a hurry. When you rush you’re more likely to make a mistake.
What do you think of these holiday decorating safety tips? Will you follow each one this year?
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.