Do you have reason to believe you may find yourself on a ladder this spring? Are you concerned about your safety, or of the thinking that nothing bad could ever happen to you?
There are many projects that call for a ladder, from those associated with your roof to painting the exterior of your home to cleaning your gutters.
If you’re going to use a ladder be sure to follow these five tips:
· Always inspect your ladder before using it, checking for defects and damage
· Set the ladder on stable and level ground
· Maintain three points of contact with the ladder at all times
· Never carry a heavy load when going up or down a ladder
· Don’t set your ladder near a high traffic area, such as a driveway or door
Following these tips doesn’t guarantee your safety when using a ladder, but they definitely help.
As long as you do these things, you’ll feel more confident in your ability to not only remain safe but to also complete the task at hand in a timely and efficient manner.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.