Has the time come to choose new siding for your home? Are you anxious to choose a contractor, but concerned that you won’t ask all the right questions?
While there’s nothing wrong with taking cues from your contractor, it’s nice to have a list of questions to ask upfront to ensure that you’re on the same page.
Here are five questions that you want to ask before pulling the trigger on your project:
· Can you explain the pros and cons of each type of siding?
· Do you have any suggestions regarding the color that would work best for my home?
· I am also getting new windows, is it best to complete this job before or after new siding is installed?
· How long does it take to remove my current siding and replace it with the new product?
· Is there anything I can do to prep my home for the project?
These questions are sure to lead to others, so make sure you take good notes while you’re discussing the project with your contractor.
Once you have a clear idea of what will work best for you, your home, and your budget, you can push forward with the project. You’ll soon look back and realize that you took the right approach by getting all the details in order before starting.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.