Shoveling snow is a way of life for many people during the winter months. While this may not be the most exciting thing you do during this time of the year, it’s a task that you must take on every now and again.
If you find yourself buried in snow and holding your shovel, here are a few tips to follow:
· Dress appropriately. It doesn’t matter how long you’ll be outdoors, you need to dress warm to avoid frostbite and/or a serious illness. There’s no such thing as going overboard when it comes to dressing warm.
· Push, don’t lift. You should do your best to push snow out of the way, as opposed to lifting and carrying. This helps prevent overexertion and potential injuries.
· Use the right shovel. For example, there are ergonomically designed shovels that reduce the amount of bending and lifting you have to do.
· Take breaks. Depending on the size of the area, you may not be able to shovel it all at once. There is nothing wrong with taking a break every now and again. This gives you time to rest your body and warm up.
· Stay hydrated. Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t become dehydrated. You need to drink plenty of water when shoveling.
So, there you have it. The next time you find yourself shoveling your driveway, these tips will come in handy.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.