With winter weather in full swing, it goes without saying that you’ll have to make a few changes in regards to how you care for your home.
Like many homeowners, you may find yourself dealing with sweating windows during the winter months. To reduce this problem, all you need to do is lower the amount of moisture in the interior air. Here are some tips for doing so:
· Run a vent when taking a shower, as this helps remove moisture from the air
· Turn down the heat in your home
· Seal any cracks around windows, as to reduce the amount of cold air making its way inside
· Replace single pane windows with more modern double or triple pane windows
· Lower the setting on a whole house humidifier when the temps get below freezing
Some of these tips are easy to follow – such as turning down your heat – while others take a bit more work (installing new windows). However, if this is becoming a problem, you need to take action. Too much sweating can cause damage, such as swelling wood and mold.
Final tip: check your windows every so often to ensure that too much moisture isn’t building up.
Pond Roofing is an award-winning roofing contractor in Fairfax, VA. We specialize in roofing, siding, window replacement, and door replacement in Fairfax and Arlington, VA. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google.